June 2nd, 2016
I recently had a conversation with a friend where I asked him about the "pain points" around his real estate business.
You know...what keeps you up at night.
What does your day look like. How do you feel about social media.
He said, and I'm quoting, "I can take it or leave it".

 I was a bit taken back. Sure, I'd hoped that he would be somewhat thrilled when I told him that "was what I was up to lately." Or, "it's great, so and so does mine!"
But I didn't quite expect an attitude that pretty much felt like...who needs it.
I had started visiting websites for his particular  industry before initiating the conversation to get a feel for what realtors thought. There were loads of advice as to how agents in his business might use social media with great success. 
 In fact, according to "HubSpot's 2015 Social Media Benchmark Report" the real estate industry is out-posting nearly everyone else 2-to-1.
So, where was this attitude coming from?
I suspect it's because he used social media as another way of posting his listings. And guess what...boring.
Do you go to Facebook to look up listings? ONLY if you're in the house-hunting market, otherwise you want to know about, family, friends, food, life in general!
In fact, CoSchedule and Buffer state in their research that "Food, home, and lifestyle topics account for 85% of the most shared topics."

So when I meet up with my friend again what will I talk about in regard to the real estate business and social media?
That fact that he should be researching what their needs are. How he might interact with them in a meaningful way (without selling).
He needs to keep himself on "their radar" so when the time comes they'll be able to find him...on social media.