Saturday, February 7, 2009

Why does a old rocker listen to new country music?

Well, it's simply. The backbeat. For me, it's always been about "pop music". I love the hit song format that normally runs from three minutes plus. The backbeat lets everyone get it on the groove and new country music has just that. Let's face it, at my age I'm not going to start listening to rap, though I have in recent years because I was the music buyer at the business I worked at ( besides selling tvs).
Country music artists really can rock out too. You don't have to look far to find songs Martina McBride's "This Ones for the Girls" or Carrie Underwood's "Before he Cheats".
My favorite way to get in the groove of practicing is to mix up a batch of songs on my media player, strap on the headphones, and play along with my drums.
If you scroll down on my blogsite you'll see my customized practice set with "mesh heads". They allow me to play fairly strong with drum sticks yet at an amazingly low volume.
It isn't long before I'm playing "air guitar" either! (although I do play a little real guitar at church).
Yes, I do still dream of being in a hot country band!
Next Time,

John

1 comment: