Friday, December 3, 2010

ALESIS INTRODUCES VIDEOTRACK HANDHELD A/V RECORDER

This product was just what I was looking for. The Alesis "Video Track" not gives you video to upload to your favorite social website, but superior sound quality as well. It sports two condenser microphones on the front which give it an impressive look. The case is a rubberize plastic which also contributes to its professional look. Although, I would not place this recorder in the same category as higher end recorders you can't beat what you get for the money. I was quickly up and running, recording rehearsals at church with ease. I placed the unit on an included handle (hefty weight, to keep it steady) and attached it to a straight mic stand. However don't do what I did and place it too close to the hi-hat, which caused it to clip. Immediately it became a tremendous aid to me as I could review my performance easily without a lot of "setup time" with a camcorder. On the downside, the threaded base is made of plastic and I quickly broke it in two days trying to screw it on a stand at an odd angle. I did purchase the warranty however, should I choose to get it repaired. Alesis would be wise to replace this with a brass insert as these come back to them for this reason. All in all, I'm very satisfied and look forward to recording on the fly.
-John Keyser


Alesis Video Track Press release

No comments:

Post a Comment